Monday 7 December 2009

It's not you, it's me

I've been giving this blog a lot of thought over the past couple of weeks. It's not exactly been giving me sleepless nights, but I've been in a bit of a quandry over what to do next.

On the one hand, I've really enjoyed writing it. I'm lucky enough to go to a lot of plays, screenings and writing-related events, and it does me good to exercise my critical muscles and come up with opinions on them.

On the other hand, I'm facing a bit of a time crunch at the moment. I've just started a long-term editorial assignment which is good in lots of ways but restricts the amount of time I can devote to writing.

After spending most of this year wrapping up a couple of spec scripts that had been tugging at my trouser leg for years, I think I need to revise my whole approach to 'breaking in' as a writer and start to think a lot more professionally and strategically.

So, fifteen minutes of mantra-filled oompah will have to go on hiatus for a while. I know this all seems a bit self-regarding, considering the handful of people who read it, but I wanted to draw a line under this chapter of the blog rather than just leaving it abandoned and unloved.

Thanks to anyone who's followed the blog. Hopefully it'll rise from the ashes some time soon.

Tom

1 comment:

Yehudah Jez Freedman said...

that's a shame tom. i enjoyed reading it! but you gotta do what you gotta do. good luck with your endeavours